Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

21.3.02

And again my parents show that they don't especially like me


Whose parents hate them? Oh, MINE!! Once again my parents will not be coming to see me do something that I have been working on for months. Walton's Belshazzar's Feast is perhaps one of the most difficult pieces I have ever sang in my life. In my over ten years of being a singer I don't remember singing anything more difficult. I'm so proud of the fact that I can sing this and once again, my parents aren't coming to see it. Did you guys watch Rosanne as kids? I'll always remember how Darlene was the smart black sheep who had her parents love but at the same time she didn't fit in. That's how I feel right now. I feel like I'm the Darlene to my family. I know that my parents really do love me immeasurably. I just wish they knew what was important to me. I don't care about their money. I could get a job. What I really want is for them to come see me sing. It's just disappointing that every other person I know has relatives coming to this concert and I can't even get my parents who are two hours away to come out. It's disheartening when some people's aunt and uncles and cousins and shit are coming out and I can't get my so very supportive parents to come out. FUCK!!!!!!! I feel like one of those rich brats who says "I don't want your money. All I want is your attention." Oh well. My friends are being very supportive about the whole thing. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home