Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

14.3.02

Clara Conrad Hall's "terrorist" attack


Some men "broke" into my building tonight. Chances are they snuck in by an open door that on of the girls left open behind them. They were "seedy" looking characters who were going into the washrooms and shit. In case you didn't know, my res is on of the two all girl's residences. It also is the largest residence on campus and quite possibly off as well. The Dons (or RAs) let us know through the phone so some of the girls didn't know right away. I checked my messages after I got off the phone at 11:30 but I don't like to let shit like that get in the way of my plans so I went out to Paddy Flaherty's anyway. Things were quiet around the res when I left. When I got back, the girls must have finally gotten the message because they were up and about much more than they usually are on a Wednesday night. The girls on my floor were peaking out of the bathroom. I just have to wonder how shady these characters really were. It should be said that no one who doesn't live in the building is supposed to be wandering around unattended but men "with long hair and beards" are a little more conspicuous. I had to laugh at that description on my answering machine though. "Long hair and beards". Are we biased against hippies again? They wouldn't have said "short hair and GAP sweaters". That's alright. Then, they are probably someone's boyfriend who got lost on the way to the washroom. Even with the ridiculousness of the description, I made my friends walk me all the way back to my res. It can just leave you felling vulnerable, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home