Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

20.3.02

A hacksaw, perhaps?


Sometimes, I feel like a tool. My computer says the song "Miss Me, My Dear" by Bitch and Animal is like ten minutes long but after the first five minutes there is like a two minute break that I thought was just a bad conversion. Turns out that it actually has the second half of the song which is too cute. The first part of the song is asking whether a loved one will miss all the shit they do and I loved it. I love songs about leaving and losing. It's that same part of me that loves a good cry. The second part of the song is totally different in mode and tone. Not tone as in the sound but more like the tone as if it were poetry. I could give a flying fuck about the chordal structures and the song's use of musical conventions. I've always been a lyric girl more than a instrumental girl and the tone of the lyrics shifts completely at the second part of this binery form. It shifts to a uplifted mode. It also goes from a minor key to a major key. Also, in the first bit the only accompaniment is a bass and in the second bit Animal does some high pitched back-up vocals and drops the bass for a ukelele. Perhaps, it is more the music that invokes this mode change than the lyrics but I'd like to think that it is mainly vocals.

I love not needing people to contradict me because I can do it myself. Sometimes I wish I could roll my eyes at myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home