Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

19.3.02

"So, how's it going? ... "


I am such an IDIOT!!! Okay, so tonight was the jazz cabaret at Wilf's and the young fellow of my fancy was there. Normally, I can go up and chat with just about anyone. In fact, I usually make new acquantances at such places. He's different though. I can't seem to talk to this guy. It's not that I have nothing to talk about, or even that I wouldn't be able to make small talk. It's the approach. It's the intentional "I'm going over to say hi" that I can't seem to do. I try to gather my rosebuds while I may but the fact of the matter is I can't seem to make the most of time. As per usual, I think Ani says it best when she sings, "I like you so much. I talk to everyone but you." I ran into Candice, the old don/RA from D1, and told her of my plight. She said it's a pretty typical plight but that doesn't make it any less the bane of my acquiring an "other".

By the way, Shaz rocked the Casbar with "Over the sea" I think it was called. Fuckin' sweet voice on that one. You'll get into Voice for a second study. Mad props, Karin. And the kicker is the girl can play piano like a mothaf'er too. Talent got laid the night before that one got her share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home