Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

25.3.02

I'm sorry for making you read this but it was a revelation of sorts


"She's never been in love. No, she don't know what it is". I realized today that, like Jane, I've never been in love. Jenny sent me one of those e-mail quizzes and one of the questions was "Who was your first love and at what age?" I thought about it for a while and realized I've never been in love. Is that strange, to be nineteen years old and to never have been in love? It's not because I'm disenchanted by the whole thought of love. I tend to be a bit of a hopeless romantic but when I think about what I thought was love, I realize it was just infactuation with a healthy does of lust. I think that's why I don't think I can love or be loved. Before any of you fucks say it, I know. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." Perhaps I don't think I've ever loved because it's never been reciprocated. The probablem with the question was that it went on the assumption that all people are capable of loving and being loved. Sometimes I wonder if I have that capacity for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home