Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

19.2.02

Time really does proceed quite quickly when good times are being had


Well, it's over. Another weekend at Karen May's in Toronto. I had so much fun I don't know where to start. I don't think I'm going tell any stories. I think I'll just basically tell you what I did. First of all, I was not the only one at Karen's this past weekend. Tom "Aw shit" Browning and Laura Oliver were also staying this weekend. You may also say that my best friend Matt also stayed the weekend but he went home everynight and came back every morning, so he really didn't "stay" there. He was just always there. :)
Okay, so let's start with Friday. Tom plays sax and is looking at purchasing an alto sax in the future so he wanted to go to Long and McQuaid (I have no idea if that's how you spell it but I really don't feel like looking it up. Sorry.) Anyway, so we went to Long and McQuaid to look at saxes and music stuff. After our little music store journey we went to the Rodin exhibit at the ROM, which was really quite good. It was all his plasters that he used as models for his larger, bronze sculptures. It was really quite fascinating. We had to buy tickets for the Rodin exhibit and with that ticket came a ticket for the ROM's Dinosaur's of Asia exhibit, which sucked my butt, but we dicked around in there for a while. After the ROM, we just went back to Karen's and played Nintendo, which I love to watch, hate to play, mainly because I suck beyond control.
Saturday, I went to Kensington market for the first time which was very cool. I was quite intrigued by all the little shops and shit. We also went to a cheese shop that made me want to puke. Good cheese but the stench was too much. Oh, Tom also plays ukulele so we had to go to Steve's, another music store, to look at ukuleles. Unfortunately, Steve's was closed, but the Candy Shop four doors down wasn't. It was only Karen, Tom, Matt and myself that day/night because Laura had gone to her sister's for the night, so Karen treated us all to Jones' Sodas at the Candy shop, which was very nice of her. I'm a bit of a klutze though, so she should have known when she gave me mine and Tom's Jones to hold that something bad was going to happen. Matt told me I was going to break them about 2 minutes before I dropped them on the floor in Sam the Record man. That kinda sucked but Tom didn't even notice, so I didn't feel that guilty. He kept asking me, after we told him about twenty minutes later, if I really broke them, which was humourous. After our little run about the town we went back to Karen's place where we had fried chicken and soggy french fries from PFK or KFC if you're not trying to aggrivate Laura. After dinner we watched Clerks, one of the Jersey trilogy by Kevin Smith. A fine movie, which I must purchase.
I'll finish this tomorrow. I'm tired. And lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home