Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

22.2.02

They're here


Well, my Laurier friends are down. AH!! Karin, Nicole and Cheryl are staying in Sarnia/Forest for the next few days and I LOVE IT!! Last night we went to Tequila Rocks and boogied the night away. It was so much fun. I never realize how much I miss dancing until I do it for three hours straight. It's ecstacy for me. It makes me so happy. I'm not into the whole "grinding" thing that much, although if someone I know does the approach I may for a minute but then I start to laugh, so one of us walks away. It just feels so ridiculous. "Oooo, I'm rubbing up against ya while music that won't let me think blasts away." I don't think I've ever looked at two people who are grinding and said "Gee, that looks nice." It's just not a very aesthetic thing. Plus, you have to worry about the other persons movements and how to synchronize your movements with theirs. I'm sorry but if I'm dancing, I'm dancing for and with me. I'm not dance to make anyone get hot and/or bothered. I love music and I think of dancing as a sort of music appreciation. I think of rubbing up against someone as being stuck in a crowded bus or a mosh pit.

Wade, Laura and myself went out for Wendy's after dancing, but the dining room was closed so we had to find someplace to mow down. The most obvious choice was under the bridge, so we proceeded to eat there. I miss the bridge, the river, the lake. I even miss that lighthouse on the state's side. Laura, who goes to school in Ottawa and consequently doesn't get to come home as much, was talking about how much she misses the chip trucks. That got me thinking about last summer and how much I miss the chip truck, as well. I don't miss working on it except for this cool guy I worked with, Jesse. I just miss the consistency of it. I miss it's presence. Ever since we were little, the chip trucks have been there. Now, it seems as though all the things that were always there are gone, like a chip truck in winter. Bad analogy, but you get my drift. It sure is nice to eat under the bridge though.

(The temptation to delete that whole section above is tremendous but it goes agains my "no deleting" policy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home