Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

20.2.02

If you didn't read yesterday's blog, don't read today's yet


Yes, I enjoy instructions in the title. Okay, so the rest of my most excellent weekend. I was thinking about how I really don't have to tell you EVERYTHING that happened. I'll just highlight the rest.
The day portion of sunday was interesting. Tom and Hilary, Karen's flatmate and Tom's sister, went back to the old S but not until after Tom helped out with a little "problem". Karen has a futon for a living room couch, which, until Sunday, made a sort of creaking noise everytime someone sat on it. Well, Sunday it stopped making the noise and broke completely. The bolt that held it together snapped right off. Tom and Karen spent a good half an hour trying to fix the thing, which meant that they bent the piece of metal that popped off back into place and put some phone books beneath it. (Note: Never throw out your old phone books. You never know when they may come in handy.) Anyway, after that little ordeal, we wanted to go do something dull and boring, so Matt, Laura and I went to see Matt Shaw play at The Kathedral. Shaw was a little vague in where to go so we actually went to the wrong part of the building, paying to get into a show that Shaw wasn't even playing at. Luckily, when I inquired about the lack of Shaw, whose band was called Red Pill Theory, the girl at the door felt really bad (why she felt bad I'm not sure, but I wasn't going to ask her about it) and gave us our monies back. We then went downstairs and watched Shaw and company rock the Casbar. (Just as an aside, I always used to think it was "Rock the Cashbar", like these rockers were stealing at a wedding or something.) Pizza Pizza and Karen's was the rest of the night. When we went back to Karen's Matt put the Finishing Moves on the futon and the other side broke. Surprisingly enough, it might even be more comfortable now that it is busted (stuff).
On Monday, Karen, Matt and I took Laura to the train station and proceeded to go see Matt's apartment. If you are a friend of Matt's, give him some pictures. His walls are as bare as that stupid room that everyone thinks is such a great piece of art but really sucks my ass. Nice apartment, though. Anyway, that night what did we watch? GUMMO!! That movie is F'd. I enjoy it though. It makes me laugh. If you can get your hands on a copy of this movie, put it in your VCR. It's directed by Harmony Korine and stars Chloe Svigney. Chloe Svigney was in Boys Don't Cry, another excellent film.
Anyway, Tuesday I came home and now I'm sitting at my computer wondering what I'm going to do. As much as Toronto was most enjoyable, it sure is nice to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home