Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

11.1.06

I am sorry, my beautiful friends, if you visit here and wonder where I am. The problem is that I always posted most when I was saddest. I really am content and satisfied right now. I don't know where to start. I really like teaching, though I don't like London, but I'm getting out soon. I am stressed about job searching, but I have a degree, and will soon have another one. I am alone, but not lonely (most of the time). School has become fun and I'm in a musical with people I really enjoy. The only way this could be better was if we got an NDP majority government. Heck, I'd settle for a minority government with Jacky at the helm. Sadly, I feel as though the next exciting news I'll be posting will be about my musical. I'll keep you posted.

(Hey, while you're waiting, check out Anatomy of a Skirt and Katie McLellan's work. I love both their stuff, even though one seems to have still not made me a pickle purse, and her name rhymes with Anatomy of a Pert.)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude, I totally e-mailed you back about the purse. Oh, and also, did you want a sparkly pickle? 'cause I can so do that.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do tell us more about the musical. I imagine there will be heated arguments between you and the director. You wearing leg/wrist warmers wiping sweat from under your headband and breathing deeply from a fifteen minute choreographed sequence of expressive dance to high tempo 80’s rock. He wants to cut your number and replace it with a solo for the dance academy priss whose father is producing the show. But he just doesn’t understand how much damn talent you have and how hard you had to work to make it this far.

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Alysia said…

    Is that a description of Flashdance or something, cause it's a teacher's college musical. There is no "dance academy priss", but the 80's rock and leg warmers are definitely getting some serious airtime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home