Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

20.11.05

Eight Relatively Unrelated Positive Things

  1. I am in a kick ass musical with kick ass people. TC has been a little isolating, despite the fact that I live with kick ass people (see Positive Thing 4), so the 9 hours of rehearsal a week have been wonderfully uniting. Now, I may be bugging the hell out of my cast members with my constant wise-cracking and tomfollery, but I'm enjoying myself. Delightfully saucy.

  2. I am really enjoying teaching. I can't tell you much more than that, or I'll have to kill you. Union says so, and we do what the union says. ;)

  3. I've started knitting in more of my classes here. Before I was afraid I would be scowled at by the teachers, but most seem okay with it, especially after I explain that it helps me pay attention. Also, people have showed interest in learning, whether it's new techniques or the basic. I'm thinking soon I shall start a rival Crafter's Mafia. We shall be like the Russian mafia vs. the Italian mafia, except that we kill with our crafts. *squinty eyed stare*

  4. My housemates are a lot of fun. Whether it's chosing Tudor's future or screaming "Stare-y" everytime that guy from Prison Break comes on the TV, they make me laugh a lot. I'm happy to live with all three of those crazy weirdos.

  5. I have a mullet. You may not think this is positive. You may think this is a silly weird thing to have, but you must understand that the mullet is 6 months of growth which I can't part with. It's not a horrible mullet, just a "I've decided to embark on the horrid ordeal which is growing out my hair" mullet. I haven't had long hair since Grade 12 - though I doubt that any of you who knew me then even remember my hair being long - and I want to try it again. I'm sure come January I'll be sick of it again, but for the first time in a long time I can wear pigtails. Okay, they're more like mulletails, but I have elastics around bunches of my hairs, which I view as an achievement.

  6. There were stars out last night. I need the stars to feel how insignificant I am, which may seem, much like the mullet, like a silly weird thing to want to feel. The problem is that I can get a pretty huge head sometimes. When things are going really well, I have to be reminded that I really am just a student living off her parents, not the hippest, hottest lady in the land who will save the children of the world from what would otherwise be a future of McJobs and bad music. Anyway, the stars were beuatiful and I felt insignificant and happy to be it. The world doesn't rest on my shoulders, and every good thing makes things a little bit better.

  7. Dancing. I love to dance. A few weeks ago, my housemate and my new friend Tasha went dancing. Have you heard Kanye West's "Golddigger"? I can't get the damn song out of my head, and, like Jimmy cracking that corn, I don't care. I was at TC function, so I was surrounded by other teachers. "Golddigger" came on. I saw an empty stage and shoke my money maker to it. I don't remember having such a good time in a long time. My new city needs a Phil's.

  8. Jumanji.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger Corwin said…

    Word up on 8.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    You, my friend, are too much for much.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Oh man! I downloaded a song last night and now I have this unbelievable craving to go dancing at Phil's! When you coming back to Waterloo?? We'll go dancing at Phil's!

     
  • At 2:58 AM, Blogger Alexandra said…

    Can our Craft Mafia have a gang war with your Craft Mafia in which we try to out-knit each other?

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah the "growing my hair out" mullet! I am familiar with it. Your hair is awesome!!! I'm sure it would look good long or short! I love it when you put it into a little mohawk.

    I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Teacher's College so much and are having a good time with life in general. That's great.

    Congrats on getting the part in the play. Yay :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home