Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

11.10.05

Violently Happy

So I know it's been awhile, but this can't be long. There is too much to do. I've made quite the turn around in the past month. I started out this school year feeling so bummed about everything. No one at Teacher's College seemed to want to be my friend, which made me feel, not like a frosh but a grade nine again. I felt like I was going back to Northern where no one knew me, but they already didn't like me. It took some time for this sensation to pass, but when it did I got a good old fashion wiff of the friendship. I really have to thank my new friend Tasha for that, cause she sort of opened the floodgates. Once I got comfortable around her, I could get comfortable with where I was. A lot of September was spent going "what am I doing here?" The past three Fridays I have been in class and that feeling is gone. I have a friend, possibly friends. My associate is super-fantastique. She thinks I'm not a dumb-dumb (which means I should start some lesson plans so that I can keep her thinking that.)

I'm really really happy. I hope you are too.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How can anyone not love you instantly?! I'm happy you're happy!
    Love Laura

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ditto

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Alysia, you're awesomeatic 2000! I can't wait to play with you at Oktoberfest!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home