Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

15.10.05

Getting my Extra-Curricular On

Today I found out whether I got a part in musical at my teacher's college. Even though the entire student body of a TC changes yearly, my TC puts on a musical every year using just members of the student body. I think it's a testiment to the varied types of people that go into teaching, well, except that we're all keeners. Anyway, this year they're putting on Chess by Tim Rice and those two guys from Abba. It's about a chess match between an American and a Russian during the cold war. Oooo, so dramatic. When I heard that Abba was involved I signed up. Anyway, I didn't expect to get a call back after my first audition because I was really sick, but I did and the second audition went well. I've been sitting on this for 2 weeks, as they took awhile to let us know. Last night I found out that I got the part of Molokov, the second to the Russian chess player and a member of the KGB. He's also the guy who screws over the female lead in the end. Basically, I'm playing the villian. I feel as though my role in the award-winning Journey to the Bum-City has prepared me well for my role as the villian. I just wanted to share one more reason why I may hit you when I see you. I am that happy. (Don't worry. I'll let you know when the play is so you can all come and support me in my villianry. Mwhahahaha. (I've been practicing. Around my house. I think it's starting to scare Laura.))

6 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    congrats alysia! I knew you could do it you crazy Russian bastard!

    And you get to screw over the lead in the end? hmmm... I wonder who mights't be the lead? muahahahhahah.

    Anyhow, I can't get on msn on Regan's computer so if you read this, and you want to get a hold of me call the cell 519-503-3566. PEACE and happy OKtoberfest

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Alexandra said…

    Hurray Alysia! I'm glad to hear that you're so happy!

    You'll have to let everyone know when the show is - we spinsters love a night out at the theatre, after all.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I am there!!! Because you are great and anything that ABBA does, is well, gold.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alysia: it rhymes with militia, but also with Morticia

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Alysia said…

    Oh, super. Thanks, Kat. Either it rhymes with scary people with guns, or just scary people. Perfect. Why can't it rhyme with like "Sunshine flower candy"? I'd take that. *shakes head* Morticia. Geez.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alysia's couch
    Age: Unknown
    Died October 2005
    Mmmmmmm Couch (as she was called in her heyday) died suddenly a few days ago when exposed to the deadly “Splooge” substance, normally found in Kleenex’s and on bed sheets.
    Number of springs broken yet to be determined

    Donations may be sent to: Learn to Respect Your Damn Roommates anon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home