Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

23.10.05

So little time...

As it turns out, being a teacher is a lot of work. I really should have figured this out, being that I saw the work my parents did every day of my entire life. Somehow it slipped my mind, or I thought they were exaggerating. As it is so much work, I have had little time for anything. I went out in London for the first time on Thursday to a bar called, wait for it, wait for it, it's worth the wait, The Alex P. Keaton. Seriously, such a hip joint. It has enough room for a dj, and the entire martini list is based on the movie Zoolander. Awesometown! (If you can tell me where I got that reference, I will give you candy, for you are sweet.) Sherry and my new friend Tasha went to discuss the X-treme Tired we are now feeling. This tired seems to have lingered into my days off, as today I feel the tired in my bones. I don't think I've been so acutely aware of my bones before. Dispite my bones and their old man ache, I made the half hour trek into downlown London to try and find 3 things: a birthday present for my little sister, some new stitch markers, and a comic book store. I was victorious in my search for the present and the stitch markers, but I didn't find a comic book store. I blame this on the fact that I was too tired to quest properly. I ended up coming home and knitting all day, which I needed. There is nothing like knitting to relax those aching bones. Well, that and lots of vodka. Lots and lots of vodka. Mmmmmm...

PS. The most awesome thing written about me EVER.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Alysia, no one told me that being a real person would be so tiring either! I put in 12 hour days with crazy people and it's enough to drive me to call the crisis line! I also had an entire weekend of knitting! I have a scarf. All I know how to make are scarves. I need to be learned how to make matching mittens and toques.

    I love Liki!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go to L.A. Mood. They are really nice and will put your comics on hold in little brown baggies for you.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Alysia said…

    Thanks Erin and Meredith! I'll definitely have to keep those places in mind for when I'm not so Poo'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home