Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

12.4.05

Flowers from My Friends...

My friends are wonderfully surprising. Last week when I got into teacher's College, my friend Mike bought me flower, a sweet orange flower, wrapped with a ribbon. When I had my last Vagina Monologue performance, Anne Marie presented me with an orchid (my favourite) from their household. (I almost wrote the house number. Eee, that would have been unfortunate.) Small reminders that I am cared for, that they care back.

I'm afraid to leave this. I am terrified that I can not bring these wonders with me wherever I go. Of course I'm afraid I'll never find this again. What is this? I don't really know. Affection? Comradere? Inspiration? Liberation from my past aches? Laughter? Yeah, it's all that, but there is more there. I don't believe in "love". I think there is too much there for one word to hold it all, but here, I'm tempted to use it, because it's all I have to tell them of how I feel. I love you. Is that too much? It doesn't feel like enough. Please don't let me leave your lives. I swear, I'll bring you flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home