Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

29.6.03

I was never a minute or hour counter. Hours and minutes are too slippery. I've always been a day counter. The passage of the sun marks my time. He moved out of the days. I don't know when I stopped counting. It just seemed that days became slippery hours and minutes. I could count the weeks and the months, but without the days, how do I know exactly? He was logic and reason, where I was emotions and sensations. Emotion has no use for time; sensation has no means of counting. Time has lost much of its relevance in my personal life. People who were constants are now the ones I'm counting; people who were the counted are calling, laughing, noticing when I sigh. I don't think I've ever felt so young as I do right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home