Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

23.5.03

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, my friends. I got this amazing new job that I'm just lovin' but it has me pretty tired. Also, I'm emcee at my friend Cat's wedding, so I've been spending a lot of time with her lately trying to get ideas for the dang toast I have to write. I couldn't be a bride's buddy. Of course not. Why let Alysia just stand there when you can torture her with speech writing? If I didn't know how important this day was to Cat, then I'd write it like I write everything else, on the spur of the moment. Unfortunately, I know how much she wants everything to be as perfect as possible (even though she'd never say it. I love her for trying to relieve some pressure.) Plus, the woman will be 7 months prego by the time the wedding comes. You try wrecking a prego's special day and see where it gets you. I certainly wouldn't wreck this pregos day for the world. Another time constraint is my new hobby: knitting. My goal for this summer was to learn how to knit, and so far I have a scarf to show for it. I promised Cat I'd knit Maxx some baby booties, so I have to become skilled enough to do that by August. Plus, I want to knit myself a black sweater with a big burgandy gothic A in the middle. Or a big regular hot pink A. (Awwwwww, eighties.) So, I've been putting in long hours practicing, which is cool, because you can knit virtually anywhere. Mainly, I've been in front of the tele or in my room listening to music. Good knitting song: Raspberry Beret by Prince. It's timed juuuuuust right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home