Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

26.3.02

I hate forwards that tell me what I am. I hate forwards that tell me that by not forwarding something to all the people on my list, I don't care about them. I'm sorry that I don't care enough to send the same generic, bland statement to thirty people. I prefer telling them with my voice or a personal e-mail that I care for those I love. Every once and a while I'll be touched by something but usually it's only because a friend who I thought had truly forgotten about me sent one. A former friend who I hadn't talked to in three years, who I then started reconnecting with on a one-on-one basis. I'm not heartless because I don't "take a minute" and send it to every goddamn person on my list. If you want me to know you're thinking about me, let me know. All you have to write is "I thought about you today" and I'll feel good. Clicking a box in a row of boxes doesn't make me feel special. It lets me know I'm in your address book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home