Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

25.2.02

Well, that was weird


This actually happened to me on Sunday but it just came back to me now. I went to church for the first time in a couple months this past sunday. It was mission Sunday and I was helping out with Sunday school. That isn't the weird thing. That just the reason why I went. A rare thing was happening at my church that same weekend. We had a baptism. It was the first baptism in 5 years. It's an aging congregation. Anyway, the baptism wasn't really the strange thing. The strange thing was who the father of the baby was: Zach Rondell. I've known Zach since I was like 8. He was that intense older guy who dared to wear Pantera and Iron Maiden shirts to church. He was fun but rebellious. He was everything I wanted when I was twelve. He was grunge. He even had a band in the talent show one year called "The Useless". When I was thirteen, that was the best band name I'd ever heard, even though they were pretty close to the worst band I'd ever heard. Anyway, Zach stopped going to church and I forgot about him. Then, my friend Laura invited me over to her house one day and said Zach from work was going to be there. It was Zach Rondell. I couldn't believe it. It had been about three years since I had last seen him but he was as cool as ever. We hung out as group a couple times after that and Zach fell off the face of the planet again. Now, three years later, he's married with a child. At church he was wearing a dress shirt and a tie. This guy was grunge to the extreme and now this is what he's become. It was the strangest thing I'd ever seen. It's not as if I expected him to stay grunge forever but I still expected him to have some sort of strange style but he didn't. He's grown up. It was eerie.

Does anyone know what the difference between an mp3 and an mp2 is? I downloaded Eric Clapton's Change the World and it was an mp2 and I was like, "What the fuck?" If anyone knows, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home