Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

18.4.02

I keep seeing shit about that movie "We were warriors" and ever time I think it says "Once were warriors". I don't know about that "We were Warriors" shite but if you haven't seen Once were Warriors, please do. I was introduced to this fantastic movie by the most phenomenal English teacher I've ever had, Captain Rooke. I'm sure I've mentioned this movie before because it shoke me up. It's based on a family of Maoris in New Zealand and their struggles through a lot of shit. I know it sounds like a whole shit load of other movies like that but if you can just brush off this movie as being boring or run of the mill once you've seen it, I will be surprised to say the absolute least. If you've seen "Gia" or "Dancer in the Dark", think that sad. Not the same kind of tragic story but still moving. So much so that the end left me sobbing and shaking, but a different kind of shaking then Requiem for a Dream left me. You can get this movie at most video stores, so if you got about two hours and the three or four bucks, you'll be spending your time and money wisely.
(Perhaps, I just feel too much sympathy for the stuggling woman. I'd hope that I am objective enough to look past that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home