Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

12.4.02

I've kept a sketchbook for as long as I can remember. It's kinda like a journal for me but in a different way. In my journal I lay down exactly how I feel, whereas with my sketchbook it's more vailed. Also, in my sketchbook, some things have no meaning at all. Awhile ago, I wouldn't let people look through my sketchbooks because they were enigmatic and often people would get the wrong ideas from them. In the past month I've let about 10 people look through the sketchbook that I carry with me. I have about 4 sketchbooks but the one I let people look at is the most frequently used. Most of the time, I'm sitting right next to the person flipping through my sketchbook so I can gauge their reactions. I don't know why I bother to sit next to them. I never tell them what they mean or anything like that. I want to tell them that not everything has the meaning that they may place on it and that just because I draw them doesn't mean that I have some "thing" for them. I draw people because their appearence intrigues me. Also, with the sketches I often write a little blurb. The blurbs aren't always related to the picture. I just wanted to clear that up for anyone who happens upon my sketchbook. Things aren't as they seem. The simplest solution is just to ask what I was thinking. Usually, I don't mind telling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home