Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

14.4.02

One thing I can't wait to get home for: Lala. My family has called me Lala as long as I can remember. I've always maintained that the nickname had something to do with the joy I found in singing. My sister is called Lulu, so often we heard "Lala and Lulu" yelled when Dad wanted us. Last night, I was reading a letter that my sister sent me and it was addressed to Lala. It hit me right then that I missed that. I hate pet names but that one has a history of love. It isn't a silly name made up because of Puppy love. It has years of tenderness and family love behind it. It is unconditional love that can only come from my blood. I can't wait to go home and be woken up by "Lala..." It feels like home just to imagine it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home