Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

3.3.02

Throwing Rubber, RMH or Summer camps?


Well, another uneventful weekend. Did nothing all weekend, including all the work I was supposed to do. It seems like the closer I get to the end the more I want to run away from this place. It's not that I don't want to do the work; it's this place. I guess it's good that I'm going home this weekend. Yes, you heard me correctly. I am going home. I have to hand out resumes so I'm actually going home on the Thursday night and coming back on the Sunday. I am excited about this. Call me on Friday night and I'll tell you why I'm excited but I really don't feel like disclosing that here. Let's just say I get the beautiful, new 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier to myself all weekend. I love it. I can go out whenever I want. Also, it's motivation not to spend my monies on the OE. I'm not excited about the resume handing out though. I know it's something that we all hate, loath and have to do, but I still wish there was a magic job fairy who swooped down and gave us wonderful $20 an hour jobs where we had to read books we wanted to read or $30 an hour for a job where we had to listen to or make conversation with wonderful, inspiring people for a few hours before painting whatever we wanted to paint about what they inspired us to paint. This magic job fairy would also have connections to the magic break fairy who would make sure our employeers not only gave us a break in an eight hour shift but also let us have several breaks. (Grrrr... chip truck, nine hours, no breaks.... grrrr....) Sadly, there is no magic job fairy so this Friday I have to get up at the same time as my family (which is like 7 o'clock, way earlier than I would normally get up) and go diligently say "Hello, my name is Alysia Wyville. May I please speak to the manager?" That's what those "how to make a good first impression" people told me to say. I'm just following orders. *snap, salute*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home