Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

16.11.03

So, I went to see The Constantines and the Sourkeys last night at Starlight Social Club. May I just say that I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Starlight is a great venue that tends to bring in some pretty cool acts. After the show, my friends and I were playing the "Name that Influence" game and we decided that the Sourkeys sound like the bastard son of Weezer and Rage against the Machine, where as the Cons sound like the sweet sweet love child of Bruce Springsteen and The Pixies. I also think the 'lead' singer of the Cons looks a bit like Bob Dylan. I'm having an internal debate over whether I think the Sourkeys should have an album available. I like the idea that I have to go see them again to hear their music, but at the same time, I want to listen to some of their stuff right now, like I'm listen to the Constantines. I'm sure they aren't distibuting because of laziness, at least that's what some mutual friends are saying, but I'd like to believe that it is because of some ideal that recorded music is inauthentic or the recording a song is defining the indefinable. They may be bullshit, but they are cooler reasons than laziness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home