Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

9.11.03

Last night, a couple friends of mine held a Trom, which is a trashy prom. I love dancing and getting dolled up in dumb ways, so a trom is a great place for me. Before I get into the thick of my story, I got runner-up for trom queen. If you knew me in high school, you would know that I missed prom queen by a hand full of votes. Last night, I missed trom queen by 2 votes. These close calls I why I'm not going into politics. I can't take all these near misses. Besides being a great time, there were plenty of new and exciting people for me to meet. An English club/PIRGy buddy of mine was there with a friend, and my pal gave me the best preface I've ever had: "This is Alysia. I knew she was pretty cool the first time she talked. We met in PIRG and I found out she sings blues and then [addressing me] one day I was walking across the courtyard and you were by the door to the women's centre dancing by yourself like there was no one else around and I just thought "Man, that girl is fuckin' cool." That preface made my fuckin' week. The day I danced I was having a shitty day and had a "fuck it" moment where I just had to ... move to get out all my negative energy cause otherwise I would have cried. I sometimes wonder what people think when they see me do spontaneous selfish things like dance with myself. It's pleasent to know that the right people think more of me for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home