Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

14.11.03

Feminist Rant Ahead So, I've been reading recently on Lady Mary Wroth, a 17th century writer, as compared to her uncle Sir Philip Sidney, and it seems like everything written about her is describing how she differs from him, the ways in which her form lacks many of the "essential" elements of Petrarchean form. (I doesn't lack the "essential" elements. Her rhyme and meter are nearly, if not completely, perfect.) I have but one question: why the hell are womyn the ones who are lacking?! We got all of the chromosomes, people. We are the complete forms. Why is it that because we tuck our reproductive organs effeciently within that we are missing something? Perhaps there is a psychoanalyst who discusses this. If anyone knows where I can read on someone who goes into this subject in depth, let me know. I know Lacan touches on it, but in an accepting tone as if this is the acceptable. Why are womyn accepting this? Fuck it. I'm through accepting. I've known I'm complete for awhile. Join me, my tasty friends.

By the way, pick up Valerie Solanas' SCUM Manifesto to see how my rage is forming these days. How did I get so far from where I began? I know. I got pushed there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home