Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

8.3.03

YAY International Women's Day!!

In celebration of this magnificent day, I thought I would create my own "Yay Women!" CD. It's not a CD of purely Ani and Tori (though they both have two songs. I couldn't give them just one each.), nor are all of the songs totally feminist in nature, but they are all songs that either address issues, or provoke thought in myself. And some of them are just fun (See Bitch and Animal. :)) Then, I thought, "Hmmm, why not share your wonderful mix with your (*insert tongue in cheek*) adoring public, Alysia?" Good idea, self. So, here we go!


  • No Doubt - Just a Girl
  • Tori Amos - Girl
  • Alanis Morrisette - Hand in My Pocket
  • Ms. Dynamite - It Takes More
  • Fiona Apple - Sleep to Dream
  • Sarah Slean - Climbing up the Walls
  • Ani Difranco - Talk to Me Now
  • Jill Scott - One is the Magic #
  • Jewel - Pieces of You
  • Garbage - Queer
  • Sarah Harmer - Don't Get Your Back Up
  • India.Aire - Video
  • Lisa Loeb - Garden of delights
  • Ani Difranco - The Waiting Song
  • Bjork - Army of Me
  • Bitch and Animal - Best Cock on the Block (Couldn't find the lyrics. :( Sorry, you'll just have to download it.)
  • Sarah Jones - Your Revolution (Note: Hit |the poem| and it will play the song with the lyrics. It also has the option to download it. :))
  • Tori Amos - Real Men

  • Stir vigourously and ENJOY! (Don't forget to dance. :D)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home