Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

18.2.03

Just a couple things to say, nothing really too important. I went to see the 2002 Cannes International Advertising Festival at the Princess on Sunday. It was more entertaining than I thought 1 1/2 hours of commercials was going to be. One of the best commercials there was a Budwiser commercial, entitled "Men of Genius" "We salute you Professional wrestling costume designer." "Only you have the daring to put 350 lbs in spandex." "If it weren't for you, a man putting another man in a headlock would just look silly." Imagine the whole commercial with bad eighties power ballad in the background. Excellent!!

Also, I love being home. I thoroughly enjoy not having to cook my own meals. I don't have to worry if the heat is too high. My laundry is free, free, free! Oh, I thought paying $2.25 per load of laundry was bad, but my friend Karen has to pay $3.50 for a wash and dry. Is that not frickin' ridiculous? I mean I pay $1 for wash and buck 25 for dry, and I thought that was relatively reasonable because I don't pay for water or electricity for the basement, but she pays $2 for the wash alone! I have this strange feeling that I'll live in apartments my entire life (which stems from my distaste of all things "settling down") but finding an apartment that has all the things I desire from a place is going to be difficult. Mehn. The place I have now is nice and Mum and Da adore doing my laundry (no, really, because they love saving me money. Aren't they the best?), so I'm pretty content.

The last of the unimportant things is to let you know that if you get the chance, see Sum of All Fears. I know it sounds kinda stupid, and I probably wouldn't have seen it if Karen didn't have it to show me, but it was actually quite good. The best part about it is that every single movie or television President is better than the real one! Dubya is a farce compared to the one in Sum of All Fears, or any other movie Prez. The movie isn't one of the usual art house films that I advocate, but a Hollywood military film. Don't expect a cinematic masterpiece, but it is pretty insightful for a Ben Affleck movie (Dogma excluded). I thought this was hilarious: On the left is Martin Sheen who plays the President on The West Wing and on the right is James Cromwell, the man who played the president in Sum of All Fears. These men marched on F15 in LA. Yay them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home