Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

24.2.03

But I still love you, baby

I had an interesting experience with ViaRail yesterday. Because of the awful weather on Sunday, I was forced to find alternate means of transportation, which included seeing if the sold-out Via train leaving Sarnia on Sunday had any cancellations. At 7 o'clock, I got lucky and purchased a ticket for the 7:25 train, glad to get back to Waterloo at all, let alone at 10 at night. About five minutes after my purchased they declared that the train would in fact be an hour late. That was cool with me since I wasn't planning to be on the train anyway. My da and I went for coffee to find, upon our return, that the train was going to be an additional half hour late. 'Okay,' I think, 'I can handle that. That means the train leaves at 9. That's do-able.' Da and I part ways. The delays continued. My luck again prevailed in that MIA blogger Dan Smith was taking the same train, so we watched South Park and Family Guy episodes on his laptop until the train came. Honestly, if wasn't for that blessed iBook, I don't think I could have made it through the 6 hour wait. Yes, that's right. My 7:25 train didn't leave until 1 in the bloody morning. We got into K/W at 3:15, when we were supposed to get in a 9:45. Yup, that's 8.25 hours of pure Via. I don't think I've spent that much collective time at a Via station, let alone in one sitting. I wouldn't have been able to get home any other way, but over 8 hours. Come on now. Is that at all reasonable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home