Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

3.7.02

Cities that Kill

Today, Dow had another chemical spill. Looks like Sarnia's wonderful petrochemical industries are at it again. I was not in the area that had to "turn off [thier] air conditioners and shut all windows and doors" but my brother still freaked out. If I stay here Sarnia will eventually kill me. I was also talking to a friend who lives in Toronto last night and he was talking about how the air in Toronto is going to kill him. Now, I must ask, is there any city that won't kill a person? I believe the answer is no. Any city will eventually harm, if not kill, its inhabitants. The ideal place to live free of smog, pollution and chemical spills, is the country. Now, I must ask myself, can I live in the country? The answer again is no. I need people and a lot of them. I have problems with isolation. So, it's a lose/lose situation. If anyone finds a city that won't kill us, let me know. Then, we can all more there so it will promptly become a city that kills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home