Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

26.6.02

Most of the time I can watch television and it will just be overly mindless entertainment, but every once and a while a smart show will come on. It will have a character who reminds me in the slightest way of myself and she'll be in a situation that reminds me a bit of my own. Then, I'll feel the pinch. You know the pinch in your chest, where the "haves" and "don't haves" get a little too close and enter into the realm of "maybe". On those nights, the pinch is too much. All you can do to stop it is curl, quietly curse and cry. My triple C Maybe Pinch Remedy: Curl, Curse and Cry. It's not a sob but it's not silent. It's like my body can't get rid of the pinch in anyway but to transfer it from my chest to my eyes and lips, but it has to be soft and slow. If it's too fast or loud, it doesn't work with the "maybes". "Maybes" are throbbing. They don't make you cry out in pain but they just may hurt a little more because you know it's not going away, no matter how much you wish it away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home