Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

1.4.02

I really have to learn how to fuck off about shite. I just can't seem to believe in the work I hand in. Remember that poetry essay I had to do worth 40% of my mark? I wasn't sure how well I did, so the paranoia set in. "I'm gonna fail this essay and it's gonna make me fail my course and then I'm not going to make my average to get into second year and then I'm going to have to fail out of school and ma vie a sous. Translation: my life sucks." Well, I got the paper back today. Alysia, you are a loser. Same thing I always get. The WLU Alysia Mark and the comment "Good idea but more editing." He also wrote "Keep up the good effort!", exclamation mark and everything. I'm not really sure how to take that. I'm an criticism girl. I may not like the harsh comments but I know it's more productive than "Keep up the good effort!" What does "Keep up the good effort" achieve? My mark wasn't that bad and the things he said about my paper were true. There is no need for him to tell me to keep trying. I guess he means that I improved since the last essay but it still isn't superb. It's just a good effort. It just made me feel like a high school kid again.

James, my poetry teacher, is the coolest. He compared Ice Cube to Shakespeare today. Most excellent.

Oh, and boys, I realized last night, as I was thinking about this weekend, that the only person I could watch slap themselves in the chin with their dick is Jesse Whelen. I would honestly prefer to see your dicks over Jesse's anyday but the fact is that slapping yourself in the chin with your dick is a very degrading thing. I hadn't really pictured it but last night I realized how undignified the act of hitting yourself in the chin with your penis is. I think the only person I could watch do such an act would be a stranger or Jesse, simply because Jesse has no dignity in my eyes already, as harsh as that sounds. If you knew the kid you'd understand. I'll stop bothering you now about how I want to see it if you can do it. I just want to know if you can do it. No joke though. If you can do it, let me know. No Nooch, I want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home