Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

1.3.02

"You were shy?"


Every so often I realize just how much I enjoy being an extrovert. It's not that being shy is a bad thing. I tried it for a while (like the first 12 years of my life) but it just didn't suit me. I thrive on meeting new people, making connections and, as my Jenny Spiers called it, "networking". The last term is a little deceiving because it sounds as though I'm trying to be out going to further my career or something. That's not even close to being why I like meeting people. I want to meet people simply because they fascinate me. As much as I can hate people, I know the world is "simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people (Henry Miller)." It is possible to spread yourself too thin and know too many people. Then, all your relationships are surface and you never really get to know anyone. I think that if I can get to know a few people as well as I can know anyone, more people well enough to hold a serious conversation and even more to just have casual conversation, then I'm happy. Can I let you in on a secret? It's not really so secret. I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home