Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

27.4.04

Recently, I've been at my sketchbook again. It happens in waves that I'll work on my "art". Sometimes it's my writing that gets a go; sometimes it's my music; sometimes it's my visual arts. I was sketching some friends in the computer lab, when I realized that I would sketch more if people would sit for me. I love that focus that comes from working on art, the complete neglect of my environment to immerse myself in whatever I'm producing. I don't notice hunger or thirst or even cold, except when I'm playing. I tend to notice the cold in my pinky fingers when I'm playing. For some reason my parent's piano always causes my pinkies to freeze. Perhaps it's the bell tone of the piano, which has always reminded me of bell towers, which are cold, I guess. I wish the waves would come more often, except they're normally tsunamis, meaning I can do nothing else. It's a problem during the school year. If you'd like to sit for me, just let me know. Just remember that it takes stillness to a large degree, which means that I can't sit for anybody. I'm too jittery; it's all the coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home