Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

25.4.04

Oh no! It has begun! The beauty to which I will be subjected for the next couple days has begun and I don't forsee its end, at least not while I am here in Waterloo. So far I have been able to withstand the threat of implosion, but tomorrow will be tough, although it would be a wonderful death.

A little Marilyn Waring for you that I found humourous, while I'm on the subject of "beauty": "Beauty isn't a factor in cost-benefit analysis." Ah, touchee, Marilyn, you are a breath of fresh air in economics, even though I know little to nothing about economics. Hmmm, perhaps a more accurate statement would be "Ah, Marilyn, you are the fresh air to introduce me to economics." ... Satisfactory. This summer Galbraith and I are going to sit down to see where we stand. Economics will be unvailed. Oh yes, it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home