Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

6.9.03

"Only you, Alysia"

Once, in first year, I stapled my finger. I was playing with a stapler and I just stapled it, right into my index finger. Most people are familiar with my clumsy, fidgety nature, which often leads to such things as a staple in my right index finger. I'm telling you this so, in case you aren't familiar with my particular temperment, you'll understand why I'm wearing an AirCast right now.

It's Wednesday, and I'm walking home from a satisfying day at the WLU Frosh Fair with the Women's Centre. I'm 2 minutes into my 10 minute walk home when my baby blue/lime green sneakers decided that potholes were the place to be. Only half way in, they decided, mmmmm, not so much about the potholes. My ankles turned and I heard that distinct crack of breaking something. After a few moments of harsh scraping pain, my stunned brain said "Walk it off, honey, walk it off." With a blank face and a slow step, I made the remaining 8 minutes home on what I found out three hours later is an ankle with 3 torn ligaments. When I saw the doctor, he asked me whether I could walk on it. I told him that at the moment I could not but "I walked home on it. I'm a pretty tough broad." He gave me the prognosis and a prescription, then asked me what pain killers I had taken. Of course, I'd taken nothing, because I don't think of taking pain killers. When I told the doctor this he reeled, saying "well, you are a tough broad." Thank you, Doc. I'd like to think so, but right now, I'm not feeling so tough. I came home to my Mom, cause I'm having trouble walking up my stairs and I felt bad having my flatmates do everything for me.

Why am I telling you this? I'm telling you this because I have never done anything close to this before. I'm accident prone but normally they are minor, staples in fingers. Also, I've got a fuckload of pent up energy, which may turn into long-winded, winding blogs. My apologies if that happens. Just thought you'd want the chance to laugh, shaking your head while saying "Only you, Alysia." :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home