Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

4.11.02

Our Greatest Fear

Nelson Mandela's 1994 Inaugural Speech

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is out light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. These is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t insecure around you. We were born to manifest the glory within us. It is not just in some; it is in everyone. And, as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Here's why I'll speak out in class, why I'll say how I feel, why I'll sing out of my soul. Because of the glory in us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home