Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

6.8.02

Two Slang Phrases from the Eighties


Most Excellent thing: My bid for the No Doubt Rock Steady album won in the Nextel silent auction. I'm not leaving Nextel having used none of my Nextel dollars. It did take $47 Nextel Dollars to win but they have no monetary value in real money so it doesn't matter. Plus, I was going to buy the album anyway, but now I got it for free. Yay, fun!

Bogus thing: A woman was peeing while placing her phone order today. Now, I know some people are comfortable with doing this, but I am not and I was certainly not comfortable with having her do it. At first, I heard a little trickle and then nothing, so I thought maybe it was a sink or something. Then, came the toilet rush followed by a tap rush. What would possess someone to do that? She may be comfortable with peeing on the phone but I insist that whoever I am talking to is decent and not in the process of necessary body functions. Put me on hold for the two minutes that takes. I really don't mind hold. Just don't pee, bitch. (She was mean as well, which is a bit of an explaination for her inconsiderate behaviour but is another reason to despise her. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home