Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

19.7.02

Thieves at the gym

For two hours today, I lost my identity. Every piece of identification I own is in my wallet. After I got home from the gym today, I wanted to go to Fabricland, FABRICLAND, so I went to get my wallet out of my purse and, behold! It's absent! Of course, I remember the last time and place I had it, which was at the gym yesterday. I went to the gym and Stephen at the front desk said they didn't have it. I naturally assumed that someone had stolen it. My dad pointed out that it was highly unlikely that anyone at the gym would want to touch my disgusting purse, especially looking for money. My dad cancelled my credit card, while I went to the bank because it's closed tomorrow when I get home from work. In case, you're wondering the bank is exceptionally thorough when replacing a card for someone who has no id. Anyway, when I got home my dad had found my wallet, which sucked because he had cancelled my credit card. The real purpose of this blog is not to relay my story of distress, but to get you to think of the cost of replacing your wallet. In my wallet was my ISIC's card ($16), my student card ($20) my venda card (my photocopy card @ WLU ($5)), my social security card (approx. $10), my birth certificate, my health card and my license. To replace all my cards it would have cost at least $50 plus the cost of a new wallet and all the other cards I'm not taking into effect. I figure that it would have been about $75 to replace my wallet. Also, I wouldn't have had an identity for at least 2 weeks. Thank god Da has better eyes than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home