Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

11.5.02

Like a high schooler calling in sick


Okay, so I started a new job on Thursday and it's been kinda of interesting, to say the least. Most of it I have to tell in person but some of my toolness can be translated into the written word. So, I'm a receptionist at Vector Marketing, which is a company that sells "housewares and a few select sporting items", which translates into knives and fishing/hunting knives. If any of you have seen the ad in the paper that says something along the lines of "College/Univ. Students. $18.05 / base appt." that's where I work. It's not a bad job but I must say I'm glad I'm the receptionist and not one of the sales reps. Anyway, yesterday was my first real day on the job and I had to come in early because the other receptionist wasn't able to talk, which is a vital activity when it's all you do. Cynthia, or Cindy, wanted me to check the references of the people who are currently in the training session and then once I was done with that call the people that the trainees thought might want jobs. One of the trainees had put down two people at the same number. I didn't realize this until after I called the first person, the wife of the husband/wife team. After I got off the phone I said "Oh crap" to Cynthia and told her that I was going to have to call back the same number. I thought, in a fit of stupidity, that it would be a good idea if I lowered my voice to call the man. He wasn't home and I said I would call back later, so I thought I was safe, until he called me back. Thing is, I didn't leave a number. Turns out that the husband and wife have caller id. The wife knew I was the same person who had just lowered my voice. Cynthia and I had a good "chuckle" over that one. I really fooled no one and the guy and girl both skipped out on the interviews. I don't have the balls to call them back. Just a small picture of my Tooldom. *smack* Idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home