Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

9.2.02

I got run over by a ball of good day


I went to the opera tonight. This may seem a little strange because less than I year ago I came to this fine/moderate institution, Wilfred Laurier University to study opera, but tonight was the first time I'd ever seen an opera. I don't mean a rock-opera in the style of RENT (yeah, mutha-fucka, yeah) but a real opera. I saw Mozart's Marriage of Figero, which was a very good starter. It was humourous, yet melodramatic enough that you felt the pain when their was some. There was surtitles so we laughed before the appropriate time in the song. That kinda sucks because of my moderate understanding of italian I could tell when they were saying the funny bit but I still laughed ahead anyway. Plus, I wouldn't have gotten the joke in Italian. I might have known that there was to be joke but I wouldn't have laughed.

Sometimes, I want to kick old people in the head. Before I explain why, I must tell you what I wore to the opera. I really didn't think it was going to be as big as it was so I dressed sort of casual, as in my RENT (yeah, motha-fucka, yeah) shirt and my oh so versatile Shaggy (from Scooby-Doo) style pants. I was wearing this stunning combination as I was standing in the washroom line during the opera's intermission. These two women were talking really loud behind me and one of them says "No day but today, How profound". The back of my shirt says "No day but today" because that is basically the central idea of RENT (yeah, motha-fucka, yeah). Anyways, I knew the woman was talking about my shirt and I was in the line by myself so I decided to strike up a conversation with these women. Bad idea. I ask the women if they had seen RENT (one last time - yeah, mutha-fucka, yeah) and she said "Yes, I saw it in Toronto right after the composers death." Right then I was like, shit what did I get myself into. Jonathan Larson, the librettist and composer of RENT, died of a brain aneurysm the night before RENT premiered off-Broadway. After the woman said she say it in Toronto right after the composer died, I knew she didn't know SHIT. Not right after the composer died, at all you stupid fuck. Anyway, I was like, oh God, must stop talking to woman, ask THE question and then turn back to the line. So I asked her, "Did you enjoy it?" Her reply: "Yes, it was well done but I didn't know why they didn't just pay the rent. Why didn't they just get jobs and pay the rent?" I turned around right then. I didn't want to yell at her. What the FUCK is that? The woman missed the point of the whole damn two and a half hour musical. It's not about "paying the rent". Loser. It's about living your life like you feel it should be lived and doing what you want to do. You don't just go get a job. You suffer through for what you love. Some people may "just go get a job" but that's not for everyone. I just wanted to kill 'er. Some people should be forced to stay indoors where they won't subject other people to their stupidity.

Bravo Karin for figuring out with no help from me who I fancy in Waterloo. AH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home