Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

20.1.02

Who's Pissed off? ME!!


I've been checking anidifranco.org for the past few months in hopes that whoever bought it would put that beautiful thing back up. I decide to check on it today and was angered. Righteous Babe Records bought it. Now, for those of you who don't know RBR is Ani's record label that she created. I can hear it now, "Alysia, she bought the rights to her own name. What the hell are you angry about that for?" Anidifranco.org was one of the finest fan sites I've ever seen. It was easy to navigate with beautiful graphics and wonderful content. Everyone's favourite folk singer should have been happy to see her fans visiting the beauty of a site. Instead you get directed to the Righteous Babe site (see Official Ani in the side bar). The official Ani site is seriously lacking when compared to the old anidifranco.org site. Now, yes, ani should be able to see the site as she wanted it but now there is no site. I don't mean to bag on the RBR site but it doesn't have as much stuff. I'm not talking about just pictures or lyrics, though Mr. Difranco's official site has neither (except for the lyrics to the new album). The old page had aniisms, things she said in concert or interviews. It also had a place where you could post your favourite lyrics. It had ... I can't even remember anymore but it had more apple, less cock. Um ... I mean more good stuff, less crappy stuff (not saying that cock is crappy stuff but ... it's an inside joke, sorry to subject you to that.) Anyway, I wish that they would have put back up the old site but wishes don't come true so I'll have to sit in my rank pool of unhappiness in the shadow of RBR's stupidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home