Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

16.1.02

No, Mama, No


Oh, no sooner do I achieve bliss then I come crashing down. I never thought it would happen but it did. It's been years and nothing. Only happiness. I thought I could never find one that would displease me. I did though. I found an Ani difranco song I don't like. Oh God, I feel like crying. I was looking on everyone's favourite Napster-clone, Morpheus, for songs from the new albums, Revelling and Reckoning, to see whether it was the next Ani CD(s) I wanted to buy. The first song on the first CD, Revelling, is called "Ain't that the way" and I had never heard it. I had, in fact, heard some songs from the Reckoning CD and most thoroughly enjoyed said songs. I was a preteen girl on the day of the new N*Sync release. I was ready to love, love, love. Unfortunately, for myself and Ms/Mr. Difranco (It's really quite a shame that I'm the only Ani fiend who reads my page because that was a nice reference to the tune "In or Out"), I hated the song. It was musically lacking. Normally, even if the music sucks, you can decipher the words. This song was choppy. I don't know the best way to discribe it except that I didn't like it so much that I didn't listen to the whole song. I read the lyrics on Ani site and they weren't awful but they weren't as good as they formally were. Anyway, it upsets me that I hated that song. I like to think of my artists as flawless (musically that is, if they weren't flawed they'd be to distant) but I just caught a glimps of something nasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home