Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

9.12.01

What have I been saying the past week?


I can't wait to go home. Some people I know can wait. I cannot. The people, not the city, make it irresistable to me. I just haven't found the quality of people here that I had there. I've come close in certain people but there isn't enough of them. I miss the oddities the most. The people here are a little to focused for me. I need a real arts school. These people aren't haphazard enough. They work so much on one thing. It worries me when that one thing is business.What kind of university is this? You're supposed to be uncertain and reckless. You're supposed to speak before you think and not care when people look at you a little strangely because you decided that now was the time to attack your friend ostrich style. (Today in the Terrece. Josalyn understood because she is one of the ones who are my kind of quality but the people at yogen fruz looked none to impressed.)

Maybe I should learn how to behave myself. I suppose that I can act normal when I want to but the truth is most of the time I don't want to. I digress. (The need to speak of myself coming out again. Narcissism. Beautiful.) Basically, I want to go home to the people who not only know me, but resemble me. Oh, to be around people who resemble my thoughts, my words, my actions, and (in the case of mia familia (oh italian)) my appearance. "You wanna go where everybody knows your name." No, you need to go where everybody knows your name. If only for a little while. It helps ground you. And shit, it took me nineteen years to find these people, that place. I wanna keep it for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home