Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

5.12.01

God, exams suck. It's a beautiful day here in K/W and what am I doing? Studying for Italian, Theory and History. I would much rather be doing a nice bout of Lawnlaying, which I think should be the national pastime. I look out my window at the clouds, which remind me of Georgia O'Keeffe's Cloud paintings and I can imagine the comforting cool of the ground, not warmed enough by today's brillant sun to be hot but just warmed enough so it is comfortably dry and cool. The grass looks like it's soft summer grass in the semi-courtyard between my building and the music practice rooms.

A week. That's what I have to keep telling myself. A week then I'm going home to my lake. My lawn. My fresh brewed coffee. My basement room. My piano with it's strange metallic sound. I miss the sound of that piano. It sounds almost like it's treated. I sent all my music books home with my parents when they came to pick up the car yesterday so I wouldn't have making music to distract me. I can't wait to drive my car again. My friends. My coffee shops. Oh ,how I have missed your dark roast and cheese bagels. Jenny freaking out over the "stench" of the cheese bagels (I think it's the cheese they use that messes with her head.) Oh, aggrivating Jenny in general with spitting lisps and "Bent" by Matchbox 20.(Disclaimer: I have nothing against lisps. Jenny is an odd girl who really should be institutionalized.) Wade's "What if my hands were watermelons?" Myself when around them. A week and I will love my life again. But for now I have to envy the bird who just flew by my window and concentrate on the isorythmic motet, modulation and irregular verbs using -isc-. (Could ya hear the sigh? Cause it was pretty loud.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home