Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

30.11.01

Well, Ani.org has dispanded. Pity cause it was a beautiful site. It also was my main source for Ani lyrics and various quotes and "Aniisms", as the site liked to call them. I'm going to change my link at the site but I must say that I agree with his reasoning for shutting it down, which can be read at http://www.anidifranco.org/whatever.htm the link now goes to the offical ani page which, incidently, I didn't enjoy as much.

Criticism is a part of art and there will always be criticisms from the informed that are not always pleasant. I refrain from using the word bad because it isn't bad criticism. The criticism simply doesn't view the work favourably. Of course there is bad criticism from the uninformed but a lot of the time the people who criticize the critics (oh god to many variations of critic) are too blinded by their love of the performer that any criticism is taken personally. I know myself, Tori Amos can do no wrong. Anything she does is brillant and wonderful. People say the don't like Tori and I freak. It's horrible. Perhaps it is because the performers works are so close to us that they are in fact a part of us. I hate being told I've done bad work and though I know I had nothing to do with the creation of the music, it is me. "Nelly, I am Heathcliff." A Wuthering Heights sort of sitution. I am the music, the music is me and when I am told the music is no good then I am no good. No one wants to be no good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home