Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

13.11.01

Maybe, Just Maybe...


Had a tech lesson today. Well basically I have a tech everyday except friday but today's was good. (Tech lessons= my teacher working just on how my voice sounds in excercises for 10 minutes 3 times a week.) So I've discussed with my teacher my feelings of hopelessness in music and normally she's really supportive. Well, today was a little different. Normally it takes me 5 minutes to get into the groove of things and get the "grand" sound teachers want to get from my mezzo-soprano/alto voice. I have trouble getting to that big sound. Today I did it in about 2 minutes, if that. I was dead on. Lately I've been getting a lot better. So, my teacher stops me at about the seven minute mark and asks "So Alysia, what did you plan to do with music?" When I was little I had visions of Carnegie Hall and La Scala but I've gotten a little more realistic, with help from family and friends. So that was what I told her. She then asked me why I felt they were unrealistic goals. So I said that it was because everyone else here seemed so much better than me. She then gave me a look that made me so happy. You know the look, that "what are you thinking about yourself, officer low-esteem" look. She said, I swear I'm gonna cry, don't crush that dream. You have a sensational voice. I needed that. That was exactly what I needed to hear from who I neede to hear it from. Anyway, I'm going to practice so I don't lose it. Whatever it is.


P.S. Download Have yourself a merry little christmas sung by the beautiful Tori. If you don't have a teacher to make you cry, this will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home