Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

10.8.01

Baths and Heat


I was in the tub the other day (oh no I don't like where this is heading) thinking (always an abhorable idea) about relationships (I knew the direction was wrong from the get-go). Relationships can be a bit like a hot bath. You anticipate the warmth of the water as you watch it fill up or, if you're impatient, you sit and wait for it to cover you. At first its hot and steamy and you almost burn yourself but as long as you didn't start it out to hot you're okay. Then after awhile it's just lukewarm and comfortable. You feel safe. Then the water gets cold. Some may add some more hot water but most just sit back. Some will jump ship but others just sit in the water thinking about how the bath water used to be so warm or so hot. Until the tub gets drained. Ah, metaphors and thoughts. What causes you to take yourselves on. (no question mark because I don't want an answer. It's not rhetoric. I just don't want an answer.)

Canada is freaking HOT!!! I was at work today which as I previously mentioned is a chip truck and it was freaking 110° F on there (I'm Canadian but I have no clue how to translate that in to Celsius. I'm a sad case. (I wanted to write Calculus instead of Celsius. Oops! :) )) I remember visiting Florida and people asking me if I had an igloo (no lie my friend, no lie). You couldn't have an igloo in this heat. It's colder today thank god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home