Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

18.2.04

Reading Week: Blessing or Blech?

So, I'm currently on my Spring Break from WLU; I'm going with the Blech on this one. I got so behind in my classes that I can do nothing but read. I have so much reading to do that I made myself a reading schedule . I also don't know how to say "no", so I haven't told my friends I'm home. I know they'd ask me to go out, because we love, and I would say yes, even though I still hadn't finished my readings for the day. It's better this way. (Don't worry, Cat. I got home on Sunday, and I'll give you a call on Friday. I can't wait to see you, Mike and Maxx Power (especially you, my sweet piece of s-s-s-s-satisfaction. ;)).) I'm also a wee bit bitter that I'm too poor to visit Montreal, but I couldn't take the money from my parents (though they did offer). Is this a sign of a new sense of responsibility? Am I finally feeling like I should stand on my own, without the crutch that is my parents? Nah, cause they're taking me out to buy groceries before I go back. Nooch. On the bright side, I'll be all caught up if I stick to the rest of my schedule, which is exciting, yet dorky because I have a schedule. One of my profs let me know that my involvement with school politics is a hinderance should it disrupt my school work. (There was "work" to disrupt?) As I like to put it, "Da! Worrying about next year won't matter if I fail out! Let me work." Always so demanding. "Could you please take your feet of the dining room table?" "Can you put your dishes in the dishwasher instead of putting them in your brother/sister's bed?" "Can you not shred the mail before we see it?" "Can flush the toilet after a number 2?" Man, I can't wait to get out of this house.

Note: I've actually had to ask the last question of certain family members, as I'm sure many of you who have siblings have had to. Actually, if you've lived with family at all, you may have had to ask that. If you haven't, consider yourself lucky to have not had to see someone else's poo floating in the toilet for extended periods of time, because they are too stubborn to get up off their lazy asses and flush the toilet, and damn it that's the closest washroom to your room. *shakes fist* If that happens this week, someone's gonna paaaaaaaaaay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home