Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

7.2.04

Whammy Eye to WLUSU

Well, as you may have realized from Tudor's congratulations, I was elected onto the WLU Student's Union Board of Directors. I can't say that I ever thought it would really happen. I remember watching the finale of Survivor: Pearl Island with my flatmate (which I typed flatmeat) Lara, and being struck by the statement of the most popular survivor to date: Rupert, who said something like, "No matter what I do, or say, in my mind I'm still the fat kid that got pick on in grade school." It's cliche, but I know a lot of people who are, or used to be, "that kid" feel that way, but this was a man who was admired by most anyone who watched the show, yet he couldn't get out of that mode of "the fat kid". Jeff asked him if he still felt that way, to which Rupert replied that it was starting to subside. I didn't think I'd win because much of the time, I feel like Rupert, a little less worthy than everyone else. I couldn't believe that I was a sure bet, though I wanted to. I know I don't know 606 people, so there must have been others who thought I was worth having on the BOD even though they may never have so much as had a coffee with me. It feels amaAAAaazing to know that people think I'm worthy, now I just have to prove it. :S (Uh-oh, maybe they were wrong ... mhen. Too bad, they're stuck with me now. *devilish grin*)

I feel a bit like PBS, but without the support of friend's like you, yeah You, I don't think I could have made it through these elections. I give you all mind hugs. (I'm a mindslut. :)) Oh, and congrats to the other directors elect. You're fabulous, darlings. Simply fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home