Rhymes with Militia...

As I get older, I realize that I correct people less and less on the pronunciation of Alysia. Now you'll never get it wrong again.

19.1.04

I put my values aside for Monster Trucks

So sorry about the lack of posts lately, my tasty friends. Busy busy is the bitch who busts her eggs, which may or may not be me.

So, I went to a Monster Truck rally this past weekend with Marie the Marvelous, Magnificent woMun. (I couldn't make it woMan, cause then it would seem like I was calling Marie a Man and if there is one thing Marie is not, it is a man. She's hot in a WOmanly way. (Yay, alliterations. *geek grin*)) I know that Monster Trucks perpetuate unnecessary destruction as well as the consumer culture that yearns for the bigger, badder gas guzzler, but they run over shite and I get to yell a lot. I need this as an outlet for my white-trash side, which has an incestual relationship with my big loud side. Anyway, the show was super fun yay, but on the ride home I shared my ideas on my winter age. I can't remember what my stance was before, but I often feel the need to play Devil's Advocate, so when Marie said the Winter made her feel old, I decided that Winter made me feel young. In Winter, I'm lithe and young, even though I'm no longer young and lithe at all. All the snow covers the death and I feel like I walk over it. In spring, I feel old and disillusioned. Everything that I thought was dead comes alive again, and the air stinks without the crispy, cutting iron of the winter wind. I hate summers. It's a dripping, drooling, scummy season that leaves a film on everything. There is one thing that I like about Spring, and that's a cool spring breeze. A spring breeze hits and I go *sproing*. It's a tingly, sensual feeling I love. Fall is the perfect season. Things are leaving but they aren't gone yet. In fall, I wear big sweaters without a jacket and kicks are still alright. "Cuddling" is encouraged but not mandatory. I can still keep my fan on for the subtle whirr, but I won't freeze.

Yeah.

I wanted to post Leonard Cohen's The Cuckold Song, but I can't find it on the net, nor have I paid my fine at the library, enabling me to remove books. Later, perhaps. If I still feel the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home